Friday, September 10, 2010

My August in September

Hello again, everyone! This is Nick officially starting the blog postings back up. How were the rest of your summers? Mine was crazy busy but too much fun!

As I mentioned in my last blog post (which was last month, weird) I had a lot of things going on those last couple weeks of summer. That first week of August, I was finishing up my online classes that I was taking through Lewis Clark State College. Even though the fall and spring semesters are going to be easier because I’ve gotten some credits out of the way, I don’t like to do school work in the summer.

The second week of August I was up on Lake Pend Oreille at Inland Northwest Camp. I was one of the game staff, so I got to play games with a bunch of middle schoolers all week. It was a blast!

The third week of August I was supposed to have a surgery done to finish my orthodontic treatment. Turns out that it was actually going to be more expensive than I originally thought, and the insurance didn’t come through on it. Needless to say, I’m still waiting on the surgery.

The fourth week of August I headed off to the North Idaho Fair and Rodeo and then did a Karaoke night the following evening. Although the wind was really kicking, we made some fun cowboy and horse hats and gave away some free stuff. Our Karaoke night also went really well. We had people of all ages singing anything from “Beat it,” to “Life is a Highway.” Way too much fun!

So there is my August in a nutshell, and now on to September! The past week I’ve been getting back into the library groove; moving summer boxes into storage, updating Facebook, sending out emails. A big part of my last week has been getting ready for Teen Read Week, which is a nation wide event put on by the American Library Association every year. I have been a part of the Idaho Coordinating Committee for Teen Read Week, and I’m also entering a contest that the Idaho Commission for Libraries is putting on. The contest is creating a storyboard for a library PSA that talks about TRW. Although I’m not finished with it, I’m thinking it should be pretty cool when it is finished.

Well that’s about everything for now, so have a great weekend and I’ll see you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment