Friday, December 3, 2010

Disney, Murals, and Storytimes

Well, hello everyone. How was the week?

Mine went really well. I felt like a have a much better handle on the programs and events that I have coming up, and I also got to spend some time with little kids. I love it!

Just like last week, my first couple days of work were spent pondering, considering, and brainstorming upcoming programs and summer reading. Since I got a lot of ordering done for Next-Gen events last week, I had time to discuss the younger kid summer reading program this week. Even though there are still things to iron out, we have a jumpstart on summer reading now, and have the ordering finished.

Then I turned my attention to the next couple of months. I’ll start with December for this week, and I’ll let you know what’s going in January, February, and March in the next couple of weeks. As I mentioned last week, Jingle Bell Rock is going to be on Dec. 22 from 7:00-9:00pm. We’ll have some pizza, drinks, jingle bells, some holiday spirit, and any Christmas or normal songs you want to rock to! There is also some talk of having Christmas crafts available while you aren’t rocking. Because school will be out, we’re letting anybody from grades 6-12 in on the event.

Looking back on this week instead of into the future, I got to spend some time doing storytimes. Miss Cassie has a Tales for 2’s storytime every Thursday, and I got to cover for her. We read some train stories, and made some train collages. Today, I got to pop into the Kinder Center for their library times. It’s fun when kids recognize you, and enjoy reading stories with you!

In between classes, I got to talk to a local artist who is painting a mural in the Kinder Center Library. She told me about her start with Disney (back when Walt Disney was alive and would talk to his artists), all of the famous people she got to meet, and some fun details about Disneyland rides. It was also cool to see her take a rough sketch of a crab and transform it into the finished work. Today was the perfect end to a productive and great week.

Hope your week was also fantastic, and I’ll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment