Friday, January 21, 2011

I got my jaw broken last Monday...

No really, I did. On January 10, I paid to have my jaw broken to correct my bad under-bite. I then took a week off to ensure I was healed enough to go back to school and work. Luckily, that week was just what I needed; I was able to go back to all of my work and school this week, and I’m healing well. Although I’m healing well and there have been no complications, I’m still not able to eat solid foods. The nature of the surgery is to break the jaw on both sides, slide it forward, and hold the bones in position with steel until the bone grows back. Obviously, chewing on bones that aren't really there yet isn't such a great idea, so I’m on a strictly blenderized diet and I’m craving breads, chips, and steak. But, I know that the surgery will be worth it in the long run.

Anyways, it's still crazy that it is January 21 and this is my first blog post. Where did this month go besides the surgery? Well I know a little bit of where it went. Just before the Christmas break, we had a program similar to Airband Awesomeness called Jingle Bell Rock. We bought some pizza, lemonade, grabbed our blow up quitars, and rocked to everything from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer to TNT. Even though we didn’t have people knocking down the doors, we still had a great group of interested teens who had way too much fun! If you want to see a little bit of the action, I made a quick video on it. Enjoy!

Over the break and through this month, I’ve also been preparing for Teens and Technology 2011, which is put on by the Idaho Commission for Libraries. There are four workshops going on across the state, and I’m the local “expert” who will be helping the commission present the information. It has also been my responsibility to create video making tutorials, so the participants have something to take home with them. I’ve really enjoyed getting to work with the ladies at the commission, and I’m pleased with the way the tutorials are working out. Then to top it off, I get to share my experience at the workshop, and then I get to fly to Boise in March to finish the entire thing off. I’m excited that I got the chance to be involved!

Alright last thing; I have already mentioned our Teen Film Festival, but now all the fine print is in place. You can visit http://www.libraryteenfilmfestival.blogspot.com/ for all the information. The website still looks pretty rough (it is still a work in progress), but all of the information you need should be there.

Hope your holidays were fantastic and your return to the routine was easy. Have a great weekend, and I’ll see you on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment