Thursday, June 3, 2010

Announcing Book Blurt...original right?

Well here we are on a Thursday, and anyone who has been reading my blog is probably wondering, what is up with that? I thought you posted on Fridays? You are absolutely right, I do post on Fridays. But now, I’m also going to be posting every Wednesday. When I started my blog, I figured that I would just chat about what I was doing during my week, and any events that were coming up. I see it as a kind of weekly journal entry of a young adult librarian. I’m thinking this is working pretty well so far, but this is only part of my job. As a young adult librarian, it’s also kind of my job to be familiar with our young adult collection. Toward this end (taking into account that reading books is a brilliant way to get familiar with a collection) I’m reading a YA book a week. As I thought about this, I figured that somebody out there might be interested in what a young adult librarian was reading, so I figured I would write a blog post about each book that I read. I wrestled with the idea of starting another blog so it would be easier to differentiate between the weekly updates and the book reviews, and then Karen gave me a brilliant idea; just use tagging to keep the two topics straight. That way, I don’t have to maintain two different blogs, but it will still be easy to find which kind of blog post you are looking for. So every Wednesday, I’ll be babbling about the latest book that I’ve read under the tag, “Book Blurt,” and every Friday, I’ll be babbling about my week under the tag, “Weekly Update.” That is pretty much it. So next Wednesday, be looking for my book blurt on Jerry Spinelli’s Stargirl, and I’ll see you tomorrow for another weekly update.

Just in case you were wondering why this blog post didn’t come on a Wednesday or a Friday, I’ll explain. We are in a break period at my library. We just finished up all of our school year programs, and we are gearing up for our summer programs. The problem with that is my hours tend to move around, so I didn’t come in yesterday. So, I figured that I would still make a distinct blog post announcing “Book Blurt,” this week, even though it was a day late.

No comments:

Post a Comment