Friday, June 25, 2010

Where have I been?

Well, how is this Friday evening finding you? As any of you who have looked at my blog before have realized, I haven't posted anything this past week. For that I apologize. Since my start of this job in February, I haven't had programs to speak of. I've assisted in children's programs, and I've been preparing for my tween/teen summer reading programs. But, I haven't had programs throughout the week. Now I do, and boy do I! I barely have enough time to get everything done. This makes it a little bit difficult to have time to do all of my social media stuff that I've been doing. But, enough of the excuses. I'm going to be more consistant with this blog and with my twitter and Facebook posts even though my schedule is busy.

I'm really liking having programs. Every day I go to work, and I get to work with the younger kids, or I get to work with the tween/teen audience. I'm having too much fun with it! I've already had several summer programs for the tweens, and I've had one of my teen programs.

For the tweens, I've done Ka-Boom science experiments for the past two Mondays. There are quite a few tweens coming to them, and we are having fun with things like cornstarch goo and water bottle lava lamps. This Monday, we are going to have a chance to play with the Lego NXT robot. My brothers were doing an NXT class through their homeschool co-op, and I asked their teacher where he got the robots. He is borrowing them from a company in Post Falls, and the company said we could use them at the library. Ka-Boom runs from 10:30 to 11:30 every Monday, and is for tweens ages 10-14. Every Tuesday we also have a tween summer reading program. Last week we had Boatmaking which was made possible through the donation of The Coeur d' Alene School of Woodworking. The week before that, we had some guys from Lighning Comics teaching Yu-Gi-Oh. This Tuesday, we are going to have our Animoto Day, so we will be making movies using Animoto and Flixtime. Tween summer reading is every Tuesday from 11 to noon and is also for ages 10-14. Our last tween program is Open Game Friday. I set up the library's Wii, and we have had fun playing Guitar Hero. If we ever get board playing the Wii, we can always grab our board and card games.

Our teen programs for ages 14-18 have also got going. We had our first Rock the Boat teen summer reading program last Monday. We did jewelry making. Our next Rock the Boat is going to be ReMix it Up where we will be making videos. This will be on the third Monday of July, the 19, from 6-7. We are also having a special event for teens at the end of every month. This month it is a game night where we will be playing video games, board games, and anything else we want to play. Our special events are going to be the last Friday of every month, which happens to be tonight. The event will be from 7 to 9.

That pretty much wraps up this week, and gives us some things to look forward to. I'll see you on Wednesday for a Book Blurt on "The Great Wide Sea" by H.M. Herlong. This time I promise I'll do it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment