Friday, February 11, 2011

Excuse Free

Hey, hows it going?

Well, I could make excuses for the lack of Book Blurt this week, but that’s what it would be: excuses. I think there is a difference between explanations and excuses. Sometimes, there really is no way you could have gotten it done, or no way you could have attended; I’d say that needs an explanation. But, when something could get done, but you don’t do it, well…then I would label that as an excuse. So, here’s an excuse-free blog post for you.

First, I figure I’ll mention a video that I put up on my YouTube channel this week. It’s a quick recap, trailer-like funness about our Teens and Technology 2011 Coeur d’ Alene Workshop. Check it out here.

The second thing is that our deadline for entering our Teen Film Festival is up in two weeks. Get your entry forms to a participating library, and get the YouTube Upload Instructions while you’re there. Then, we hope to see you at our Red Carpet Event on Saturday, March 5 from 7-9pm. Even if you haven’t entered a video, you can still join us for viewing the films at the Red Carpet Event. Check out the website here.

The last thing I wanted to mention today is my involvement with SPLAT. Last month, I sent in an application to the Idaho Commission for Libraries to join there SPLAT team. Two members had just stepped down, and they accepted my application. SPLAT stands for the Special Project Library Action Team. “The charge of the Special Project Library Action Team is to serve in a crow’s nest capacity to search for innovation, propose experiments, lead pilot projects and discover new opportunities for Idaho libraries.” SPLAT members use a lot of their time looking at new technologies and innovation across the library scene, and bringing that knowledge to other librarians.

Even though I’m far from knowing all there is to know about technology, I’m excited to learn more and to share my experiences with other librarians. Here’s to another exciting opportunity!

Well, that’s about it for this week, so we’ll see you this Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment