Friday, April 15, 2011

Whats in a Year?

How’s it going?

Apart from Ka-Boom on Monday, this week has basically been planning for future events. I had a weather theme for Ka-Boom this month, which meant we talked about rain, clouds, and made it snow in the library using Steve Spangler’s Insta-snow (the stuff it really cool by the way!).

But, the rest of the week was spent figuring out what my summer programs are going to look like. We’re going to be having a monthly teen program, and two weekly programs for Tweens. One will be Ka-Boom, and the other will be Tween summer reading where we will do games and crafts each week. We’ll get more into summer reading as we get closer.

As I think about our upcoming programs, I can’t help but think about the things I’ve been doing over the last year. About this time last April, I was just starting my YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Blogger pages. Since then, a lot of things have happened.

On YouTube, I’ve posted 13 videos ranging from a booktrailer on Rash to a Teen Read Week PSA, and 945 people have looked at my uploads! I was super excited when I looked at that number.

On Twitter, I’m following 215 profiles, ranging from libraries to marketing gurus, have tweeted 270 times, and have 103 people following my tweets.

On Facebook, I have 24 people who have liked my Next-Gen Adults of the Community Library Network page, and I have 173 people who have friended my work FB account.

Finally on Blogger, I have 70 posts, which are made up of Book Blurts and Weekly Updates, and 1,163 people have looked at my blog! And not only in this country either. I’ve had people from Russia, Germany, Brazil, Netherlands, Burundi, France, Canada, Malta, and Argentina take a look at what this young adult librarian from Hayden, Idaho babbles about.

If you are reading this, you are one of the numbers above who has been supporting my efforts as I build Next-Gen programming at the Community Library Network at Hayden, and I want to thank you over and over again for taking an interest in what I’m doing.

Well, I’ll be back again next week for more fun, and thank you again for connecting with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment