Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Editing a Movie?

Hey everybody!

So here we are on our first Techno Tuesday. Basically, on Tuesdays I'm going to share some cool technology and resources that I use and have found out about. I figured I'd start with some movie making software because I make a lot of movies :)
Personally, I'm used Jaycut and Windows Movie Maker the most.
Jaycut- I first heard about Jaycut from ICfL's Teens and Technology 2011. Jaycut is a great online editing application that has a lot of transitions, green screen capability, the fun of drawing on videos, and is absolutely free. But, Jaycut is FREE and ONLINE. Therefore, there aren't as many features as other things, and unless you have great bandwidth, you could be waiting for a very long time to finish even a simple movie project. The website is: http://jaycut.com.
Windows Movie Maker-I'm a Windows fella, and the latest version of WMM is very easy to use, and has some very cool transitions and special effects. But, the problem is that it is almost too easy! The editor can be annoying for someone who wants more control of each individual clip. But, it is a great program for Windows users. If it didn't come pre-loaded on your computer, you can get the software here: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker?os=other&wa=wsignin1.0
Others- I'm found another blog post that has great info on 3 other free editing softwares I wasn't aware of. Check it out here: http://www.desktop-video-guide.com/top-5-free-video-editing-software-review.html

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment