Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ever Find Yourself Listening to Music Online?

Anybody use Pandora or Grooveshark when they need to hear a song or fill the room with tunes? Well, as I checked my email yesterday (seems my email is full of useful info) I came across Turntable, and I thought it was an interesting idea.
In essence, its a social media format built around listening to music. You can create a "room" or join a room where DJ avatars are mixing music. You can vote the song that is playing up or down, and you can also join the action by taking your turn as a digital DJ. While you listen, you can also chat with the other listeners in the room via a chat box.
Most of the time I don't quite have the time to listen to music online. But, I thought this idea would be super fun with a group of friends, or to connect with people that you normally wouldn't be able to listen to music with.
If you want more information on Turntable, check out this NPR article.

No comments:

Post a Comment