Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Glogster: Create Interactive Posters

Once again, my SPLAT homies have put me onto a cool site for all of you =D They mentioned this site a couple months ago, but I forgot the name of it. Then, they mentioned it again this last time we had our quarterly meeting, so I figure I'll do a post on it so I don't forget again hehe.

The site is Glogster, and its another one of those social media like thingys. This network focuses on creating interactive posters called Glogs (Graphic Blogs), combining pictures, text, videos, and graphics into your own creation.

Like most of the social media entities, this does require creating a free account. Glogster seems to promote its connectivity to video and photo sites (like Youtube and Flickr), and then the sharing feature for all your other social networks (Facebook, Twitter, and the like).

For educators, there is also a Glogster EDU that has recently been launched to offer private classroom management of multiple Glogster accounts. Just so you know, these ones cost money.

So if you make a lot of posters, I thought that this might be a cool alternative to the traditional stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment