Tuesday, October 2, 2012

"Five Things I've Learned" from Yours Truly

Hey everybody =D

So I was looking through the statistics on my blog yesterday, and this is my 202 post! Thank you to everyone who reads and supports me. You are awesome!

While this isn't quite a Techno Tuesday, I thought it would be cool to link to my earliest post, and give you a synopsis of what I've learned since then. 

I started posting on April 9, 2012 with a post called From Page to Librarian, which told a little bit about how I got from shelving the books to working as the Young Adult Librarian.

Since that time, I've learned quite a bit more about how to do my job, and these are some of the highlights =D

Let me preface by saying I haven't perfected any of these, and that I'm a big advocate of the first one!

1. Be Teachable

Things are always going to be changing, so be willing to roll with the punches.

2. Be Fearless

Things aren't always going to be easy, but the hard stuff often pays off.

3. Be Consistent

Things need to build on themselves, and it works really well if you get them out consistently.

4. Be Collaborative

Things don't always work in a vacuum, so ask questions and be willing to ask for help. 

5. Be Resilient

Things aren't always going to work or work out, so keep on trying.

Thanks again for reading, and here's to constantly growing and improving!


No comments:

Post a Comment