Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Netted By the Webbys: Cool Websites Sent to Your Email


So I think I heard about Netted By the Webbys from a SPLAT (Special Project Library Action Team) colleague, and I'm so glad she mentioned them!

Basically, dudes at Netted scour the online world for surprising sites, awesome apps, and useful URLs and then send you an email each morning to tell you what they found. The email you subscribe to has a really nice format, and only highlights one cool thing a day, making it really quick and easy to read.

They have a search engine on their website for archived posts, and I'm really impressed with the cool things they point out each day. A recent post mentioned JPEGmini, which shrinks the file size of a photo while retaining the original quality. Another one was StickyGram, that turns your Instagram photos into cool fridge magnets. Some of the finds may not apply to you personally, but they are cool to read about anyways, and when they do apply to you personally, they are really awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I just came to your post and reading above thing it is very impressive me and it is very nice blog.Thanks a lot for sharing this.
    Fridge Magnet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know you appreciate it =D Love getting feedback!

    ReplyDelete