Saturday, November 6, 2010

Missed it by that much...

So sometimes, your Young Adult Librarian can have way too much to do, and the blog posting goes in one ear and out the other!

Last Friday, I was busy preparing for the Youth Services trainings that were coming up that week, and I didn’t have time to do the blog while I was at work. When that happens, I try to do it when I get home. Well I had to do some homework for my senior research project, and I also had several things to do for my student government. So, Friday passed without a weekly update. Then Saturday comes and goes hanging with friends and also working on my senior research project. Then I actually didn’t go to work on Monday because I had to move my hours around so I had enough hours to go to the trainings on Wednesday and Thursday. All of this sounds kind of like an excuse, so I apologize for not getting it done, and for trying to weasel my way out of the responsibility for it.

It’s kind of sad that I didn’t get a blog post out as well. Obviously because you are all expecting a blog update, and also because I didn’t get to the magic number eight. If you notice in my blog postings for the past couple of months, there have been seven blog posts each month. That kind of shows the slackerism of my job, because there should be eight a month; four book blurts, and four weekly updates. Well, obviously that hasn’t happened, and I thought that October might be the first time to do it, because there were actually five Fridays in October, so it would have been easy enough to do. But, because of a couple missed book blurts and the missed weekly update, I missed it by that much. Once again I want to apologize, and try to do better this month. Of course, I’m starting off on almost the wrong foot, because here it is a Saturday instead of a Friday! I’ll figure out this consistency thing eventually.

There is a whole bunch more to talk about, but we can backtrack during our weekly update next Friday. Just wanted to quickly mention my Ka-Boom Science Experiments program going on this Monday from 4-5pm. We’re going to be playing with Dry Ice, and we might also have a special quest. So, if you feel like a scientist on Monday, join us for a good time.

Catch you on Wednesday,

Your Crazy Young Adult Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment