Friday, November 26, 2010

Well Baby its Cold Outside

Here’s to a momentous occasion! I actually did all of the blog posts I was supposed to do this month! Since I’ve started posting twice a week, I haven’t actually posted twice a week for an entire month. Every now and again I would miss a Book Blurt or a Weekly Update, and so I’ve never gotten over 7 blog posts in a month. Well, here’s to the first time I’ve gotten to 8, and here’s to continuing this trend!

Well this past week has been a little slow (reasons will be forthcoming) so I decided to take advantage of that by getting some planning and tweaking done. The first reason for the slowness was the obvious fact that Thanksgiving was yesterday (hope yours was fantastic!). My colleagues took a few days off, and we didn’t have any of our regular programs scheduled. This freed up some time to spruce up the blog (hence the awesome new look) and to change the names of my social media to something more accurate. (The other reason was the insane amount of snow and cold that we got this past week!)

As I mentioned a little while ago, my library system’s name has changed to Community Library Network, and yet, my social media still said Kootenai Shoshone Area Libraries. So I’ve rectified that situation. My Twitter account is now CLN4NextGen (Community Library Network for Next-Gen Adults), my Facebook is Next-Gen Adults of the Community Library Network, and my blog is now cln4nextgen.blogspot.com. The only social media outlet that hasn’t changed is Youtube. Reason? They won’t let me! All of the other social media outlets allow you to change your name, but for some reason, my Youtube channel doesn’t have that option. I’ll have to think about what to do about that…

Well I also got some planning done this week. Coming up in December, we are doing Jingle Bell Rock! We had so much fun doing Airband Awesomeness that we decided we would do something similar for December. But, we also decided that you didn’t need the pressure of preparing a song for competition, so we are just going to be taking requests and anyone who wants to can rock with it. I’ll provide some Christmas music, pizza, pop, and a laptop (whereby we can look up songs on Youtube) and you bring yourselves, your friends, your ipods, and the desire to have fun and rock out. It is going to be open for grades 6th through 12th, and will be going on December 22 from 7:30-9:00. (Don't worry it won't only be Christmas music; we can play anything you want to)

Even though it seems kind of ironic to be thinking of summer during this wintery blizzard that is also what I did this week. We order things from our Summer Reading vendor a couple months before we actually need the stuff, so I’ve been figuring out what incentives, prizes, and promo stuff we’ll need for June, July, and August. There is some fun stuff coming up!

Once again, I hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving, and I’ll see you in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment