Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Create Your Own Comics and Hillariousness

So, I can't resist talking about cool websites that I find, and others tell me about. I'll be bouncing through my email, surfing the web, or chatting at a conference, and suddenly, BAM! there is this cool thing that someone talks about.

Today, I'm going to chat about some online ways to make cartoons.

ToonDoo-You can create your own comics, make a comic book, design a character, manipulate photos, or add drawing touches to stuff you create. Once you sign up with a user name and email account, its free to use.

Pixton-Although similar to ToonDoo, Pixton seems to focus on sharing your work through social networks. It also offers different interfaces: Pixton for Fun, Pixton for Schools, or Pixton for Business. Another cool thing I saw is that you can fully pose your characters while creating your comic.

Bitstrips-Bitstips calls itself "Your Online Funny Pages," and gives you the option of designing comics, characters or avatars. Another thing these sites encourage is telling your story, and remixing the stories of others.

Although all three look pretty similar, I'm sure you'll probably like one over another. I just created accounts at all three, so we'll see which one I actually start using. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment