Monday, March 12, 2012

Duct Tape or Duck Tape? Either Way it Got Your Attention Right? lol

Woven Duct Tape WalletAs many of you know, making stuff with Duct tape is awesome, and I couldn't resist doing a Duct
Tape Creations program anymore. So, we made Duct Tape wallets with Duck Tape brand tape and it was amazingly fun :)

We did this program for our Elementary (3-6 grade) and Middle School (6-8 grade) patrons. I hadn't actually created anything with Duct tape before, so I asked one of our Teen volunteers to sit in on our Middle School programs and give some pointers. I also took advantage of a couple websites that broke the whole process down for me. Enjoy :)
P.S. I found that only having 6 rolls of duct tape for 18 kiddos (what happened for our Elementary program) doesn't quite work out. It takes quite a while to get anything done because they had to wait so long for the duct tape. If I were to do it again, I'm thinking of having 1 roll of duct tape for every 2 people that are there. I would also have duplicates of the same colors so if one is over here, than one can be over there. Just some thoughts on the logistical side of things, and now to the websites. Pretty much I found a whole bunch of useful ideas on Instrutables and wikiHow.

Conventional Duct Tape Wallet

Just your straight up wallet.

Magic Duct Tape Wallet

If you put money into one side and close the wallet, it shows up on the other side.

Woven Duct Tape Wallet

Makes a really cool checkerboard kind of design for your wallet (the picture above).

Duct Tape Roses

A really simple way to make flowers that will last.

Realistic Duct Tape Roses

A slightly more complicated, but much more true to life, way to make a flower that will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment