Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fakebook: Create Facebook Style Profiles

So there has been a couple of times on a Facebook wall that I wonder, how did they do that? One time it was what the founding father's might have said if they had FB profiles. The post had profile pictures, a status update, likes, and comments. I thought it was a funny idea.

Then there was an article I stumbled across, unfortunately I can't find it now, about a teacher who created two FB profiles for students who lived 100 years ago. The teacher was going to use it as a teaching tool, but Facebook deleted the profiles because the students were deceased.

Both of these instances jumped to my mind when I heard of Fakebook. This is a service from ClassTools.net, and it allows you to create Facebook looking profiles. ClassTools mentions that this tool is for educational purposes, and allows students and teachers to create realistic profiles for historical characters, the plot of a book, a series of historical events, or whatever else you can think of :)

No comments:

Post a Comment