Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Clipping Magic: 86 that Background!!

So we have a whole bunch of technology bringing you this Techno Tuesday today.

First, I heard about the website that I'm reviewing through Tekzilla. Tekzilla is a video podcast my Dad has recently gotten into. It features reviews on the newest gadgets and techy stuff.

Clipping Magic is the actual website I'm chatting about today. Clipping Magic is for those annoying pictures that have obnoxious backgrounds that just shouldn't be there. It would also work famously for doing green screen stuff. You basically put green marks on the elements you want to keep in the picture, red marks on the stuff you don't want, and the algorithm takes care of the fine print.

Lastly, Jing is a free screen capture software, and I used it to make the video I made to show off Clipping Magic. Check it out!!

P.S. As I mentioned in the video, if the foreground and background are similar colors, or there are complicated lines like human hair, Clipping Magic might have some difficulty. But, if its a simple foreground, background situation, Clipping Magic is quick and easy (and even if it is complicated, the algorithm takes a guess at what you're trying to cut out, and lends a kind helping hand).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment