Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Passion for Italian

So apparently I've been busy the last two weeks. Missed on Tuesday and missed again yesterday. But, so you don't miss out on some fun ideas, here is your Monday Fun on Tuesday :)

As I contemplated a food program to do, I kept coming back to Italian food. But, I was told by several interested parties that spaghetti is just over done, so I thought of something else to do. Judging by the comments of the folks that tried our little cuisine, I think we did pretty goood.

During our cooking program I try to do three recipes. I split the kids into two groups, with a recipe each, and then as those cook, we put together the third recipe all together. Works out pretty good.

Quick Marinara Sauce

As many of us know, you can't do Italian food without some marinara sauce, so here is the quick recipe that I used. We poured it onto our Italian Wontons.

Italian Wontons

Even though I had never done them before, they were so awesome! Three words of the wise; wonton wraps are normally found in the produce section, wear an apron while frying the awesomeness, and almost remember to bring a pair of tongs!

Italian Cheese Bread

Oh my goodness and golly day, this bread is awesome! While we fried the wontons and stirred the marinara sauce, this was slowly baking to perfection in the oven, and no one who tried it was dissapointed. Another word of the wise; bring a nice knife and a cutting board to your library :) Makes things a whole lot easier lol.

Not your typical Italian food, but it was all definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment