Monday, April 30, 2012

What Wii Sports Taught Me

Some things I found out while doing our monthly gaming program:

  • When you have fifteen kids at a program, having more than 1 Wii is a good idea.
  • Motion Plus is required to play Wii Sports: Resort.
  • My projector just doesn't work with video game consuls.
But, other than that, we had a really great time. Played some boxing, some baseball, and some bowling on Wii Sports. Meanwhile, there were random card games, Battleship, and chinese checkers going on.

Ultimately, I didn't think the program would get big enough to require two Wiis, so I only found one. But, I turned out to be wrong. This is a fantastic problem to have, too many kids, but it meant we didn't get as much time with the game as each participant would have liked.

Even though I'm definitely going to be getting more Wiis for next month's program, I was really impressed with the patience of the kids that came. Each of them had time for only one sport on the game, but they were generous by letting others go, and spending the waiting time playing other games with each other.

So, even though my lesson was learned, we still had a really great time at the program, and I still encourage folks to get a gaming program going; even if you only have one Wii to work with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment