Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Teen Librarian's Toolbox: If You've Got the Passion...



So originally, I was going to do a post on The 2012 Project but then I figured that I should probably tell you a little bit about the site that this brilliant idea comes from. So, this week we will be talking about Teen Librarian's Toolbox :)

"Ths mission of TLT is to provide fast, easy to use resources for teen librarians who are short on time, staff, and money . . . but not on passion." I don't know many teen librarians who don't fit into that category, and I think TLT does a good job fulfilling this mission.

TLT is made up of three people, Karen Jensen, Cutler Creech, and Tim Jensen. Karen has been a Young Adult/Teen librarian for the past 19 years and a reviewer for VOYA magazine for the past 10. Cutler is an eighteen year old author who loves dystopian novels. Tim, Karen's Mr., loves Monty Python and might sometimes steal books that Karen is reading.

In addition to The 2012 Project, which is super cool, she writes book reviews, Reader's Advisory Posters,  Teen Programs in a Box (who doesn't need a ready made program sometimes), and stuff about YA advocacy.

I've connected with TLT on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, and if what she does sounds interesting to you, I'd highly advice her resources.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I want to thank you for shining the spotlight on my TLT cohorts and our blog. I am always excited to find new blogs to follow so count me in as a new follower of CLN4NNextGen. I do want to point out that I have been a board member of the Wild Child Conference in Marion, Ohio for 2 years but a proud VOYA reviewer for a little over 10 years now. I'll have to make sure I have that worded correctly on my website bio. I am especially proud and excited to have Cutler on board, he has been such a great addition to our staff so thanks for mentioning him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally see that now :) Apparently my eyes blended those ideas while I was typing.

    I think it is super cool that Cutler is a member of your staff, and that he is already a published author!

    Thank you for the follow, and good luck as you continue to move forward.

    ReplyDelete