Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wingsuits: Because It Is Cool


So a couple weeks ago, I was brainstorming cool things, and wingsuits came to mind. I thought that I might share something about them on Twitter or Facebook. Then, I was chatting with some friends about jumping off of rocks, and other reckless things to do, and wingsuits came up again. Then I was thinking about some cool website to share today, and wingsuits seemed like fun :)

If you aren't familiar with them, wingsuits are "a special jumpsuit, used in extreme sports like a parachute, which adds surface area to the wearer's body to create lift," according to The Clean Dictionary (something I heard about from Netted by the Webbys which I will most likely be doing a post on soon). Anways, these things are better seen than described, so here is a video of Jeb Corliss pretty much flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment