Monday, June 4, 2012

Double the Wii, Double the Fun

As I mentioned the last time I talked about our gaming program (What Wii Sports Taught Me), having 2 Wiis is a good idea with anywhere over 15 kids. So, this time around, I borrowed another Wii, and it worked out much better.

We planned on doing Super Smash Bros. Brawl this time around, and I asked one of the regular attenders of the program to bring his copy, and tried to track another one down myself. But, it turns out that pretty much all the Community Library Network copies were checked out, the Coeur d' Alene Library copy was lost, and none of my personal friends had it. So, I grabbed Wii Sports and did Smash Bros. on one Wii, and Wii Sports on the other.

Turns out that aspect of the program worked really well too. I found that there was a group of kids interested in Smash Bros., another group interested in Wii Sports, another group interested in board games, and just a couple kids that bounced between.

So, not having another copy of Smash Bros. was kind of a blessing in disguise. It reminded me that kids enjoy this program because there are a lot of gaming options, and having two different Wii games supported that.

Moving forward, I'll definitely have two Wiis with an assortment of board and card games. But, I'm going to work out whether the Wii game I choose should have two Wii consoles, or just one =D

BTW, this was a super popular program, and really easy to set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment