Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Allrecipes: Your Socially Connected Cookbook

As you may have noticed, when one of my programs or events requires a recipe, I typically get it from allrecipes.com. As a result, I figured I'd find out a little more about it.

Allrecipes is the world's largest digital food brand. Their website and apps allow users to search for recipes, add their own recipes, plan menus, and share in an online community of home cooks. Recently, Allrecipes started creating ebooks as well.

While they don't have an About Us page on the main part of their site, I was able to find some info about them on their Advertising page. Turns out that a group of anthropology students got together in 1997 to discover and share cookie recipes with Cookierecipes.com. With the success of that site and others like it, the group decided to combine all of them onto one site that has now become Allrecipes.

Even though I've been searching for recipes and have several friends with the apps on their devices, I had no idea just how big this brand was. In addition to 25 million unique visitors a month, they have the most downloaded recipe apps on the market, and is one of the Top 10 Ranked Social Media sites.

So next time you need a recipe, Allrecipes might be the place to be =D

No comments:

Post a Comment