Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Klout: Measuring Your Influence

How do you measure influence on social media? How much content you post? How many retweets you have? How many people friend you?

Well, this is a question that Klout seeks to answer by gathering data from all of your social media outlets, and giving you a score from 1 to 100. Instead of just counting data, Klout strives to measure the actual influence you possess by comparing different data on social media as well.

Klout started in 2008 with the basic idea that everyone has influence, and with the rise of social media, this influence has become even more democratized.

Over the past few weeks, I've been taking a look at what I actually do at my job. What programs I do, what outreach I do, and what I do on social media. While I think I definitely do some things well, I'm always wondering how I can do things better. Although I just started using Klout, it seemed to be a qualitative way to see how effective I am really being at social media.

Currently, I have a Klout score of 42, and I'm hoping that this number will go up as I keep get better at social media, and my job in general =D

No comments:

Post a Comment