Tuesday, May 29, 2012

TED: Ideas Worth Spreading

Something that I continue to run into in my travels and perusing across the Internet is TED. In short, TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. The main way I've become familiar with them are the TEDtalks that I've watched, but I've come to find that this is just one facet of what they do.

TED includes two annual conferences held in the US, and a global conference held in the UK. They also have volunteers that work on translating TEDtalks into other languages. TEDx supports local communities that want to have a TED experience on the local level, and the TEDPrize awards an individual $100,000 to support an idea that can change the world.

As I mentioned, I'm the most familiar with TEDtalks, and just this aspect of TED is so cool that I needed to share it! There are over 1,100 free videos ranging in topics from libraries, to technology, to music. Originally, TED brought together people from 3 worlds; technology, entertainment, and design, but there are many talks that have nothing to do with those topics as well.

A recent talk that I found interesting was on Sixth Sense technology. If you like the video, check out the other TEDtalks that are out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment